Friday, April 5, 2013

Networking and Internet Radio & Work

I have started networking to find opportunities where my expertise can be used AND I can earn money to take care of my family.   I met Dan on line. He operates a website called vocrehabradio.com. After getting to know each other a little.   He asked if I would be a guest on a show he was producing about Work as Treatment. We recorded the show on Thursday, March 28, 2013.  I was interviewed in the second part of the show, podcast #11.   vocrehabradio.com/category/podca  I enjoyed talking about recovery, transformation and rehabilitation.  I realized how passionate I am about this field. 

I fully agree with the theory that to give some one meaningful work is one of the most therapeutic things you can do.  Or, for someone to loose their job for reasons that do not seem fair.   Why is our country struggling?   There is not enough work that our workforce can do.  Companies are holding their dollars and scrutinizing  new hires for high technical skills that many of our workforce simply do not have, nor do they have the means or opportunity to obtain those needed skills.

So I just keep putting one foot in front of another. Making contacts, requesting opportunities, praying, meditating, walking, cooking dinner and ..... being mindful of our Creator as I understand OUR Creator to be.  One Day at a time.

No comments: